Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Macy's Heart of Haiti & Culinary Chef Council - A Winning Combination

What happens when the Macy's Heart of Haiti initiative teams up with Macy's Culinary Chef's Council for spring?

Source: Macy's

It becomes a winning combination! 

That's the Magic of Macy's!

Macy's is partnering with artists of Haiti, who are slowly recovering from the devastating earthquake of 2010. By offering the artisans sustainable work, they are able to support their families, and in doing so, contribute to the rebuilding of their country's economy. Each artist receives half of the wholesale price for pieces sold at Macy's from the Heart of Haiti initiative.

Now that Spring and Summer are approaching everyone is getting ready for warmer temperatures and plans for springtime entertaining!

And that's where famous Chefs from the Culinary Council come in.

Source: Macy's

Each member of the Culinary Council is sharing a recipe for a cocktail to share with you to help promote some of the wonderful items available from these amazing Haitian artists!


Today, I'm able to share with you a recipe from Todd English, renowned chef, restaurateur, author, entrepreneur and television star.  

And what's more - for a short time Todd lived in my hometown of Branford, so I'm pleased as punch to share one of his recipes with you!





What recipe you ask?  His famous Peach Frizzante Martini!   YUM!


Doesn't it sound wonderful?

I love FLAVORED MARTINIS and decided to give this one a whirl. Because I REALLY love the flavor of peach, I decided to kick it up a peachy-notch and substitute peach flavored vodka for regular vodka. I used my favorite Asti Spumonti sparkling wine instead of champagne, and organic peach nectar



Because I forgot to purchase my favorite Dole sliced peaches, instead I used canned peach cubes and alternated them with maraschino cherries for color.

Doesn't it look DE-LISH?

And, always the snacker, I paired my Peach Frizzante Martini with some cheddar cheese slices and crackers that I nibbled on from my beautiful Heart of Haiti Tea Leaf Nesting Trays.

Aren't the trays beautiful against the bright orange of the cheese and the bright peach of the martini? And seriously, aren't YOU ready for spring and summer too?  

Here's some examples of the beautiful trays and other hand made items from the Haitian Artists.

set of 3 nesting trays
Source: Macy's
small newsprint tray
Source: Macy's


serveware on painted wood
Source: Macy's




You can help the Macy's Hearts of Haiti initiative too by supporting the Haitian artist's work available at Macy's!  There's more than servewear...there's jewelry, vases, picture frames, and MORE!

Click HERE to preview some of the wonderful items available for Macy's Hearts of Haiti.

Click HERE to meet the Haitian artists and hear their stories.


Cheers!

Disclosure:  I am a member of the Everywhere Society and received this complimentary tray set to review.  However, all opinions expressed herein are my own.

6 comments:

  1. Bonnie, we love this post and the drink looks delicious atop those trays!! Thank you from Everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lexi! It tasted even better than it looked! You know I'm always happy to jump on board and help such great initiatives! Macy's does help make a difference!

      Delete
  2. I never knew Macy's had these projects going on. What a great way to give back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Macy's partners with several organizations, focusing on trade not just aid. A wonderful way to give back.

      Delete
  3. Love the drink recipe. I think I will be making it this evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kyle! Enjoy! It is definitely a keeper! Todd English can sure create a great martini recipe!

      Delete

Real Time Web Analytics